Sachi has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star by Super Lawyers and Atlanta Magazine. Only 2.5% of all lawyers in Georgia are selected as Rising Stars. She specializes in the practice areas of products liability, catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, employment discrimination/civil rights and complex civil litigation.
Originally from Brookhaven, New York, Sachi attended high school at Phillips Academy, Andover and went to Bates College in Lewiston, Maine where she double-majored in Philosophy and Rhetoric. Sachi then came to Atlanta where she earned her J.D. at Emory University School of Law.
Sachi has always been passionate about using the law as a powerful tool to help people. She began her legal career in the public sector. Sachi then moved to the private sector working for a personal injury firm in Savannah, Georgia, where she represented victims and their families in catastrophic injury, wrongful death and medical malpractice. Immediately before coming to Penn Law, Sachi worked at a civil rights and employment discrimination firm in Atlanta where she represented employees who had been discriminated or retaliated against by their employer. Sachi specialized in whistleblower, sexual harassment and pregnancy discrimination suits and has litigated these cases in both state and federal court.
Sachi practices law throughout the state of Georgia and is admitted to the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts as well as the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court. She is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the National Employment Lawyer’s Association, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, Dekalb Bar Association, Atlanta Bar Association and currently serves on the Executive Committee of Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
Outside of work, Sachi is involved in her local community and currently serves as a board member of the Georgia Center for Child Advocacy, which provides no-cost services to childhood victims of sexual abuse in the Atlanta area for over 30 years. In her free time, Sachi enjoys being on the water, especially on a sailboat. She lives in Decatur with her husband and dog.
Honors & Awards
• Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Executive Committee (2018-present).
• Georgia Super Lawyers and Atlanta Magazine “Rising Star” (2017, 2018).
• Atlanta Attorney Magazine Attorney At Law “Attorneys to Watch” (2018).
• National Employment Lawyers Association of Georgia’s Success Program (2016-2017).
• Georgia Trial Lawyers Association LEAD Class (2015-2016).
• Grab Bag of Swag: A Collection of Georgia’s Rules of Statutory Construction. Published in General Practice and Trial Section of the State Bar of Georgia’s Calendar Call (Fall 2015).
• Prisoners of Profit: Immigrants and Detention in Georgia. ACLU of Georgia (May 2012).